Rinu J George, Manoj Kumar L, Jibin Kunjavara, Nithin MS
Rinu J George1*, Manoj Kumar L2, Jibin Kunjavara3, Nithin MS4
1Associate Professor, Pediatric Nursing, Sri Shankaracharya College of Nursing, MP.
2Assistant Professor, Psychiatric Nursing, St Thomas College of Nursing, Kerala.
3Research Nurse, Hamad Medical Corporation, Qatar.
4Senior Medical Coder, Omega Health Care, Bangalore.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2023
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted psychosocial factors, health infrastructure, and educational systems. According to UNICEF, the Covid-19 pandemic has battered education systems worldwide, affecting close to ninety percent of the world's student population. Indian educational institutions (schools, colleges, and universities) are based only on traditional learning methods. They follow the traditional environment of face-to-face lectures in the classroom. Disciplines like nursing and medical science which indeed need live classes, demonstrations, and clinical training, also got leashed with this pandemic. Although many academic units have also started blended learning, many units remain in the old procedures. The sudden outbreak of a deadly disease called Covid19 caused by the coronavirus (SARSCoV2) shocked the entire world. This article portrays India's educational system trend as a pandemic embraced situation from the perspective of students, teachers, parents, and other stakeholders.
Cite this article:
Rinu J George, Manoj Kumar L, Jibin Kunjavara, Nithin MS. Over Viewing Indian Education System through COVID-19: A Narrative Review. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2023; 11(1):85-8. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2023.00019
Rinu J George, Manoj Kumar L, Jibin Kunjavara, Nithin MS. Over Viewing Indian Education System through COVID-19: A Narrative Review. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2023; 11(1):85-8. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2023.00019 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-11-1-19
1. Anupam S, A K Meena, Kiran S, Gupta, Kamini K. Socio-Economic Impact of COVID- A Review. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(6):497-501. DOI: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00088.7
2. DarshanaKumariWankhede. COVID-19- Problem faced by Indians during Lockdown. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(4):501-504. DOI: 10.5958/2349-2996.2020.00108.1
3. Education: From disruption to recovery. UNESCO, https://plus. google. com/+UNESCO. (2020, March 4).
4. Samruddhi A. Awasare, SonaliWaghmare. Florence Nightingale: The Crimean war and Covid-19 senate. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(4):492-494. DOI: 10.5958/2349-2996.2020.00105.6
5. Kaushik . D. S. Covid-19 fallout: The impact on education in India. India Today. Retrieved August 31, 2021, from https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/news-makers/story/20210111-school-of-hard-knocks-1755078-2021-01-03.
6. NishuAyedee, Anuj Kumar. Indian Education System and growing number of online Conferences: Scenario under COVID-19. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(4)395-401. DOI: 10.5958/2321-5763.2020.00060.8
7. Dhawan, S. (2020). Online Learning: A Panacea in the Time of COVID-19 Crisis. Journal of Educational Technology Systems, 49(1), 5–22. https://doi.org/10.1177/0047239520934018.
8. Divyashree M. Flipped Classroom – An Innovative Methodology for Effective Teaching-Learning Process. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(1):451-456. DOI: 10.5958/2321-5763.2018.00070.7
9. Prateeksha, education in rural India during Covid-19:available at https://www.bera.ac.uk/blog/access-denied-education-in-rural-india-during-covid-19
10. S Shyam Prasad, PratikshyaPraharaj. Indian consumers' behaviour during COVID 19: An Exploratory Study. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(2):215-0. DOI: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00033
11. GetakshaMarwaha. Changes within the Teaching Pedagogy Driven by Covid-19: Viewpoints and Analysis. Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. 2021; 12(3):182-5. DOI: 10.52711/2321-5828.2021.00030
12. August 10 ITWDND, August 20 2020UPDATED:,Ist 2020 16:28. Covid-19 impact: 4 major challenges faced by students of rural India [Internet]. India Today. [cited 2021 Sep 1]. Available from: https://www.indiatoday.in/education-today/featurephilia/story/covid-19-impact-4-major-challenges-faced-by-students-of-rural-india-1709294-2020-08-10.
13. Sheila Menon FBSCH, VidyaBhagat. Review of the impact Covid-19 has on the Psychosocial factors affecting Well-Being. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(6):3404-8. DOI: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00592
14. Daniel, S.J. Education and the COVID-19 pandemic. Prospects 49, 91–96 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11125-020-09464-3.
15. VishwanathBiradar, PreranaDalvi. Impact of COVID19 on Child Health: Parents Perspective. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(4):463-467. DOI: 10.5958/2454-2660.2020.00102.7
16. Effects of COVID-19 on College Students’ Mental Health in the United States: Interview Survey Study [Internet]. [cited 2021 Sep 1]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7473764/
17. JyotiTandon. A Study on Educational Transformation through Evolution of Online Learning in the times of COVID-19 in India. Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. 2021; 12(3):172-8. DOI: 10.52711/2321-5828.2021.00028
18. Mukesh R. An Analysis Of Covid-19 Impacts On Indian Education System Educational Resurgence Journal Volume (2021), 2, Issue 5.
19. Angela Braver, ShivrajKhaire. Knowledge, Attitude and Practices towards Covid-19 Outbreak in Maharashtra State. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2021; 9(2):162-168. DOI: 10.5958/2454-2652.2021.00037.8
20. MeghnaKantharia. Online School Education in India during Coronavirus Pandemic: Benefits and Challenges. Res. J. Humanities and Social Sciences. 2020; 11(2):99-103. DOI: 10.5958/2321-5828.2020.00017.0
21. Jena, P. Impact of Pandemic COVID-19 on Education in India. International Journal of Current Research, . (2020). 12, 12582–12586.
22. Purwanto, Agus, et al. "Impact of Work from Home (WFH) on Indonesian Teachers Performance during the Covid-19 Pandemic: An Exploratory Study." International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology 29.5 (2020): 6235-6244
23. Siddharth Chaturvedi, digital education barriers in rural indiaoctober 21, 2020, available on https://www.highereducationdigest.com/ digital-education- barriers-in-rural-India/#
24. Roy, Bulton, and Anamika Roy. “Conducting examinations in India: Emergency, contention and challenges of students amidst covid-19 pandemic.” Children and youth services review vol. 120 (2021): 105768. doi:10.1016/j.childyouth.2020.105768
25. Mukesh R. An analysis of COVID-19 Impacts on Indian Education System. Educational Resurgence Journal 2021 (2), Issue 5,Jan.