Self-esteem is a personal opinion of oneself and is shaped by individuals’ relationships with others, experiences, and accomplishments in life. A Cross Sectional Descriptive Research Design was used for the study. The study was conducted on 250 Nursing Students of selected Nursing Institutions of Noida who were selected using Probability Simple Random Sampling technique. Modified Rosenberg Self-esteem scale consist of 25 items was used to assess the level of self-esteem among Nursing Students. The result shows that majority of the Nursing Students i.e. 59.2% have moderate level of self-esteem and 23.6% of the Nursing Students have high level of self-esteem. There was a significant association between two selected demographic variables i.e. gender and monthly family income of the Nursing Students with their level of self-esteem.
Cite this article:
Lavanya Nandan. Self-Esteem among the Nursing students of selected Institutions of Noida. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2021; 9(1):91-95. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2021.00023.5
Lavanya Nandan. Self-Esteem among the Nursing students of selected Institutions of Noida. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2021; 9(1):91-95. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2021.00023.5 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-9-1-23
1. Alesi, M., Rappo, G., and Pepi, A. (2012). Self-esteem at school and self-handicapping in childhood: comparison of groups with learning disabilities. Psychol. Rep. 111, 952–962. doi: 10.2466/15.10.PR0.111.6.952-962.
2. Townsend C. Mary, psychiatric mental health nursing. concepts of care in evidence-based practice, published by Jaypee Medical publisher(p) ltd, 2015;Pp 567-570
3. Hemant Bhagra, Sunul Kumar, Banashree Hawaibam, International journal of recent scientific research, 2019.1005.3409
4. Arun Kumar, Loyd Melwyn Mendonca, MavithanV. IP journal of pediatrics and Nursing Science, oct-dec 2018;1(3):48-51 retrieved from www.innovativepublication.com
5. Mrs. Supriya Mane (2016) A longitudinal study to assess the self-esteem of nursing students. Asian journal of nursing education, April 2016.
6. Bailey, J. A. (2003). "The Foundation of Self-esteem". Journal of the National Medical Association, 2, 1-18. Retrieved June 2, 2015
7. Cowin LS, Craven RG, Johnson M, Marsh HW.(2006) "A longitudinal study of student and experienced nurses' self-concept". Collegian. 13(3):25–31.
8. Ghezelbash S, Rahmani F, Peyrovi H, Inanloo M, Shekarchian S, (2015) "Comparison of Self-Esteem Among First to Fourth Year Nursing Students From Universities of Medical Sciences in Tehran". Thrita. March; 4(1): e24336.
9. Melanio T. Olea, Merlene M. Bernal and Rogelio M. Hernandez.,(2012) "Self-Esteem and its Correlates among University Freshmen Biotechnology Major" IJERT 3 (3) 64-70.
10. Orth, U., Robins, R. W., and Trzesniewski, K. H. (2010). "Self-Esteem Development From Young Adulthood to Old Age: A Cohort-Sequential Longitudinal Study". Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 98(4),645-658.
11. K Shrestha, Geeta Limbu, Sajan Twati, 2011. Global journal of medicine and public health
12. Velmurugan K, Balamurugan G, Vijayarani M et al. Self-esteem among Nursing students. Research and Reviews: A Journal of Health Professions. 2018; 8(1): 13–15p.