Objective: To assess the knowledge about Dengue fever among the adults in Rural area and to find the association between the knowledge scores with the selected demographic variables Methodology: Questionnaire on demographic preforma. Knowledge about Dengue fever was used to collect the data. An explorative descriptive method has been adopted and 150 adults were selected for the study using simple random sampling technique. Results: Result of the study revealed that 38.7% of adults have moderate knowledge, and 61.3% of adults have inadequate knowledge about Dengue fever. Conclusion: Adults in rural areas in this region have inadequate knowledge about Dengue fever and its prevention and lack of practices also contribute to high prevalence of Dengue fever.
Cite this article:
Madhu S, Vinay Kumar G. A Study to Assess knowledge about Dengue fever among the Adults at Rural area of Chamarajanagar District. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(4):505-508. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2020.00112.X
1. https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/ dengue fever-and-severe-dengue fever (cited on 10/06/20).
2. https://Zana.com/a/dengue fever-introduction.1462(cited on 10/06/20).
3. http://www.dengue fevervirusnet.com/signs-a-symptoms.html (cited on 10/06/20).
4. http://ijmrr.medresearch.in/index.php/ijmrr/article/view/199/386 (cited on 12/06/20).
5. https://www.livemint.com/Science/8HNMYkhzxe4piYIfB5I7nM/Uncleared-garbage-intermittent-rains-contributeto-dengue fever-g.html (cited on 11/06/20).
6. Payghan BS. Kadam SS, Mali SC, Ramya V. Knowledge attitude and practices regarding dengue fever infection among pre-university college students. Intj med sci clin intervent. 2014:1(7):371-8.
7. Vala M, Patel V, Joshi N, Zalavadiya D, Bhola C, Viramgami A. Knowledge and practices regarding commonly occurring mosquito borne diseases among people of urban and rural area of Rajkot district, Gujrat. J Res med dental sci. 2013:1(2):46-50.
8. https://www.nhp.gov.in/national-dengue fever-day-pg(cited on 12/06/20).
9. https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/wpro-documents/emergency/surveillance/denguefever/dengue fever20200507.pdf?5fvrsn=5160e027_26(cited on 12/06/20).
10. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/langlo/article/p1152214-109x(19)30249-9/fulltext. (cited on 12/06/20)