A study to assess the level of knowledge regarding diabetes mellitus among selected community, Coimbatore. Convenient sample of 50 samples were selected for this study. Data collection was conducted to assess the level of knowledge regarding diabetes mellitus; it was assessed by using semi-structured questionnaire. Informational booklet was given to sample regarding diabetic management. It was concluded that general population had poor knowledge regarding diabetes mellitus because of uneducation and strong perception of diabetes mellitus.
Cite this article:
S. Parimala, R. Deepa. A Study to Assess the Level of Knowledge regarding Diabetes Mellitus among selected community, Coimbatore. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 9(3):317-1. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2021.00074
S. Parimala, R. Deepa. A Study to Assess the Level of Knowledge regarding Diabetes Mellitus among selected community, Coimbatore. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 9(3):317-1. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2021.00074 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-9-3-16
1. Domenico Accili (2017) The Banting Medal for Scientific Achievement Lecture was presented at the American Diabetes Association’s 77th Scientific Sessions in San Diego, CA, on Sunday, 11 June 2017. Diabetes 2018; 67(9): 1701-1709. https:// doi.org/10.2337/dbi18-0025
2. Chaudhary Muhammad Junaid Nazar , Micheal Mauton Bojerenu , Muhammad Safdar, Jibran Marwat (2016) Effectiveness of diabetes education and awareness of diabetes mellitus in combating diabetes in the United Kigdom, 1(2): 59-64
3. Beteena Kurian, Mariya Amin Qurieshi, Rajini Ganesh, Kamalamma Leelamoni (2016), A community-based study on knowledge of diabetes mellitus among adults in a rural population of Kerala, DOI: 10.4103/2468-8827.191925
4. Yee Cheng Kueh (2016), The effect of diabetes knowledge and attitudes on self-management and quality of life among people with type 2 diabetes , Psychology, Health and Medicine 22(2): 1-7, DOI: 10.1080/13548506.2016.1147055
5. William T.Cefalu, (2021), “Medical Management of Diabetes Mellitus”, Taylor and Francis.
6. Krishna G Seshadri, KM Prasanna Kumar and Aravind Sosale, “Clinician’s Handbook of Diabetes” 3rd ed, Tree Life Media
7. Kamlakar Tripathi and Anju Maheswari (2015),” Fundamentals of Diabetes”. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers.