Chandrashekhara, Sandeepkumar O
Chandrashekhara, Sandeepkumar O
Assistant Professor, P P Savani School of Nursing, P P Savani University, Dhamdod, Kosamba, Surat Nursing Tutor, P P Savani School of Nursing, P P Savani University, Dhamdod, Kosamba, Surat.
Volume - 8,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2020
Children are innocent victims of HIV infection through vertical transmission. Children who are HIV positive, either through mother-to-child transmission or following sexual abuse, are often not told what could happen to them, and they will certainly be frightened when they experience symptoms.
Cite this article:
Chandrashekhara, Sandeepkumar O. HIV / AIDS and Children. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(4):564-568. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2020.00124.6
1. CDC. Update: acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) -- United States. MMWR 1984; 32:688-91.
2. CDC. Revision of the case definition of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome for national reporting -- United States. MMWR 1985; 34:373-5.
3. Redfield RR, Wright DC, Tramont EC. The Walter-Reed staging classification for HTLV-III/LAV infection. N Engl J Med 1986; 314:131-2.
4. Peterman TA, Jaffe HW, Feorino PM, et al. Transfusion-associated acquired immunodeficiency syndrome in the United States. JAMA 1985; 254:2913-7.
5. World Health Organization (WHO) (2015)’Guideline on when to start anti-retroviral therapy and on pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV’.
6. Doitsh, G; Greene, WC (2016). "Dissecting How CD4 T Cells Are Lost During HIV Infection". Cell Host Microbe. 19 (3): 280–91. doi:10.1016/j.chom.2016.02.012. PMC 4835240. PMID 26962940.
9. http://www.who.int/child-adolescent-health/publications/child_health/who_fch_ cah_00.1.htm
10. Parul dutta, Pediatric nursing; 3rd edition; pg.no.-229-232.
12. Nilson pediatric nursing book; 4th edition; pg no. 448-452.
13. C. Rajeswari, Sugavana Selvi, Ramachandra. Anti-Retro Viral Therapy (ART) Adherence and Factors affecting Adherence among People living with HIV (PLHIVs). Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research.2017; 7(3): 337-340.
14. Hathoikim Misao, Ibaiasuk Lamare, Mecievinü Rhetso, Nihali Devi Rana, Phibadashisha Chyne, Y Zuchanbeni Humtsoe. Knowledge and attitude towards HIV/AIDS among undergraduate students. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(2):189-193.
15. Vinay Kumar G., Nisha P. Nair, Prasannakumar D.R., Parmesha. A Study to assess the Quality of life of People Living with HIV/AIDS receiving Anti Retroviral Therapy from the selected Anti-Retroviral Therapy centre’s of Mysore. Int. J. Adv. Nur. Management 2(2): April- June, 2014; Page 90-92.
16. Juliet Sylvia. A Framework for a Nurse-Led Youth Friendly Reproductive and Sexual Health Services (YFRSHS) For HIV/ Aids Prevention. Int. J. Adv. Nur. Management 3(2): April- June, 2015; Page 152-154.
17. Shweta Grigson. A Study to assess the Effectiveness of Planned Teaching Program on Knowledge regarding HIV/AIDS among the students studying in selected school at Damoh. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2019; 7(3):240-242.
18. Emmanuel N Tufon., Awah D Bih, Mbi Alice. Occurrence and Risk Factors for Opportunistic Infections in HIV Patients Attending the Bamenda Regional Hospital, Cameroon. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research 2(4): Oct.- Dec. 2014; Page 381-384.
19. Shambhavi, Shanthi S. A study to assess the knowledge and attitude of the Pre-university students on HIV/AIDS in selected colleges of Mangalore. Int. J. Adv. Nur. Management. 2016; 4(3): 340-344.
20. Ganesh Lal Patidar. A Study to Assess the Factors Affecting Compliance of ART among HIV Patients at selected ART centers of Pune City. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2017; 5(3): 338-340.
21. Amandeep Kaur. A Study to Assess the Effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on the prevention and control of HIV/AIDS among the adolescent girl students of the selected schools of Sri Muktsar Sahib, Punjab. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2018; 6(1): 93-97.
22. Pramod P. Lonarkar. Analysing the Prevalence of HIV in India and States. Res. J. Humanities and Social Sciences. 2018; 9(2): 383-390.
23. Madhu A, Shivalinge Gowda KP , Manjula B. Novel Therapies to Combat HIV: A Review. Research J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics 2009; 1(1):01-06.
24. Raj Purnima, Temburnikar Pankaj, Agrawal Avantika, Shrivastava PK, Rathod Mritunjay and Verma VB. To Study Awareness of HIV/AIDS in Female HIV Positive Patient and Access Adverse Reactions in Female Patient on Anti Retro Viral Therapy along with Their Adherence to Therapy in Chhattisgarh. Research J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2011; 3(4): 171-175.