Ethical rules are regularly composed for grown-up patients and, therefore, they might be hard to apply to kids and families. Uncommon contemplations are expected to comprehend the youngster's ability to settle on treatment choices, clashing legitimate and moral measures associated with the treatment of kids, contrasting necessities of kids and their relatives, and the extraordinary vulnerabilities of children1.The nurse should follow the ethical principles and should have good knowledge regarding legal safeguards of nursing. The paediatric nurse must be aware of the different rights of the children as well as the acts related to the child welfare so that she/he can provide quality care to her paediatric patients. The nurse should be aware of the ethical considerations of children as well as the dying children
Cite this article:
Prathiba Manoharam. B. Ethical and Legal Issues in Paediatric Nursing. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 10(1):80-4. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2022.00018
Prathiba Manoharam. B. Ethical and Legal Issues in Paediatric Nursing. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 10(1):80-4. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2022.00018 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-10-1-18
1. Ethical and Legal Issues in the Treatment of Children and FamiliesHandbook of Psychotherapies with Children and Families, 1999ISBN : 978-1-4613-7156-4William A. Rae, Constance J. Fournier
2. Attard-Montalto S. Ethical Issues in Paediatric Practice-Part I: General Principles. Images in paediatric cardiology. 2001 Oct;3(4):1.
3. Ethical and legal issues in nursing [Internet]. Slideshare.net. 2020 [cited 2 April 2020]. Available from: https://www.slideshare.net/JaysGeorge/ethical-and-legal-issues-in-nursing
4. Sharma Rimple. Essentials of Pediatric Nursing. 3rd ed. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publisher (P) Ltd: jaypee brothers;
6. Rights of special groups. Presentation presented at; 2020; slide share.
7. Graham, A., Powell, M., Taylor, N., Anderson, D. & Fitzgerald, R. (2013). Ethical Research Involving Children. Florence: UNICEF Office of Research – Innocenti.
8. Children: Legal and Ethical Issues: Instruction Material / Content [Internet]. Allcare.org. 2020 [cited 2 April 2020]. Available from: http://www.allcare.org/CancerPain-and-SymptomManagement/ethics/em5/em5_cont.htm
9. Joseb T. Rights of special groups. Presentation presented at; 2015; slide share