Introduction: Anemia is the clinical condition that result from an insufficient supply of healthy red blood cells to oxygenate the body's tissue adequately results in hypoxia. Iron deficiency anemia is a condition due to decreased haemoglobin synthesis. Anemia is a major killer in India. One in every two Indian women suffer for anemia 20% of maternal death are due to anemia. Objectives: To assess the pre test level of haemoglobin among anemic females in Sherpur community area , to assess the effectiveness of iron tablet with water containing lemon and jaggery among anemic females in Sherpur community area ,to assess the post test level of haemoglobin among anemic females in Sherpur community area, to find out associaton between pre test and post test level of haemoglobin among anemic females with their selected demographic variables age, dietary habits, residence, replace diet with junk food, sanitation, education, economic status in Sherpur community area . Material and Method: Quantitative approach and pre experimental research design was used and study was conducted in sherpur community area, Ludhiana. Through purposive sampling 30 anemic females were selected and HemoCueHB 201+ complies with the IVD Medical Device Directive 98\79\EC and carries CE mark tool was used for collection data. Data collection procedure was done from 24 dec to 24 jan 2019 for one month. Results: The finding of present study revealed that majority of had moderate level of Hb in pretest test. In post test after implementation of water containing lemon jaggery and iron tablet the majority of anemic females had moderate level of Hb in pretest. Replace diet with junk food had significant effect on Hb level in Post test. Conclusion: Hence it was concluded that iron tablet with water containing lemon and jaggery have significant effect on anemic females.
Cite this article:
Kaur Jagmandeep, Kanika Sharma. A Pre-Experimental study to assess the effectiveness of iron tablet with water containing Lemon and Jaggery among anemic females in Sherpur community area Ludhiana, Punjab. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(3):321-323. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2020.00069.1
1. Sarika More, Sumeet shende. Prevalence of anaemia.’ Journal of evolution Medical and Dental Services. 2013; 65(2): 56-59.
2. Meenal Vinay Kulkarni,. “ A cross sectional community based on anemia among adolescent girls in an urban girls.” National Journal of Community Medicine . 2012; 3(1):
3. Verma.M,G.kumar.”Factors influencing anaemia among girls of school going from the slums of Ahmadabad city.”Indian Journal of Community Medicine.2004;24(1):76-78.
4. Sangha.J.K.’Effect of weekly iron and vitamin c supplementation on anaemic status of adolescent girls.”Dept. of Food (3) and Nutrition. 2010;4(1):92-97.
5. Mini Sheath, Goyal.’ Intervention Trial with Pearl millet based iron rich ladoo on haemoglobin of females in Bikand.” Ethno Med,Sci.2014; (2) 77-82.