Introduction: Anemia is a major global health problem, especially in developing countries and is a common and serious problem in pregnancy. It has serious short- and long-term consequences during pregnancy and beyond. This fundamental health issue has not still been solved but continues to exist affecting the health, quality of life and working capacity in billions of people all over the world. Untreated anemia also leads to increased morbidity and mortality from these chronic conditions as well. Objective: 1. Assess the pre-test knowledge of primigravida mothers regarding prevention of anemia. 2. Administer a structured teaching programme. 3. Assess the post-test knowledge of primigravida mothers regarding prevention of anemia after administering structured teaching programme. 4. Evaluate the effectiveness of structured teaching programme H0: There is no significant difference in the knowledge of primgravida mother regarding prevention of anemia and structured teaching programme. H1: There is significant difference in the knowledge of primgravida mother regarding prevention of anemia and structured teaching programme Design: In the present study Pre-Experimental research “one group pre- test post- test design. Participation: primgravida mother Tool: Structured knowledge Questionnaires used to assess the level of knowledge among primgravida mother in selected hospitals in Mehsana city. Results: Conclusion: Patient had increase knowledge of primgravida mother.
Cite this article:
Payal T. Vaghela. A Study to Assess the Effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on Knowledge regarding Prevention of Iron deficiency Anemia among the Primigravida Mother in selected Hospital Mehsana. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(4):488-491. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2020.00107.6
Payal T. Vaghela. A Study to Assess the Effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on Knowledge regarding Prevention of Iron deficiency Anemia among the Primigravida Mother in selected Hospital Mehsana. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(4):488-491. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2020.00107.6 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-8-4-15
1. Annama Jacob “Textbook of Midwifery and Gynecologycal Nursing” Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, 3rd Edition 2007, pg no: 323 to 328
2. B.T. Basvanthappa, “Nursing Research” Jaypee Publication, 2nd Edition -2007, pg no: 278 to 299
3. B.T. Basvanthappa (2006), “Textbook of Midwifery and Reproductive Health Nursing” 1st edition, Jaypee Brothers Publication, pg no: 528 to 530
4. B.T. Basvanthappa, “Medical Surgica Nursing”, 2nd edition -2009, Jaypee Brother Publication, Pg No: 898 to 899
5. Bharat Parekh, “A Textbookof Nursing Research and Statastic”, Peeve Publication, 3rd Edtion -2012, pg no: 125 to 130
6. Brunner and Suddharth’s, “Textbookof Medical Surgical Nursing” 11th Edition, Volume-2, Medical Publisher, Pg no: 1045 to 1055
7. Carlo L Macnees and Susan MC Cabe, “Undestaning Nursing Research”, 2nd edition 2008, Pp: 417-425.
8. D.C Datta, “Text Book of Obstetrics”, 7th Edition Pp: 306-312.
9. Elizabeth Steepp Gilbert, “Manual of High Risk Pregnancy and Delivery”
10. K. Viswerwara Rao, “Biostatasics In Breef Made Easy”, 1ST edition 2010, Jaypee Brothers Publication, pp no:110 to 113.