Emergencies Can Strike anywhere and at any time. An emergency code is a notification of an event that requires immediate action. Emergency codes are color coded indicators used in health care facilities to alert all staff members of potential issues arising in a facility. These codes include unique prescribing criteria for how staff members should respond to a particular situation, ranging from an active shooter incident to cardiac arrest.
Cite this article:
Nandini. Hospital Emergency Codes. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(3):415-418. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2020.00092.7
1. “Emergency codes”. Sunnybrook health sciences center. Achieved from the original on 22 Nov 2018.
2. Consent manual 2007, 27th edition, Sacramento, CA, CH 3; the California healthcare association.
3. Violence and domestic violence in the workplace policy 6.30.004
4. Personal health information protection ACT (phipa) 2004, part v, 52. goverment of Onterio.toronto.
7. Medical dictionary. The free dictionary.com.