Anjela Annette Nazareth, Ashish Gautam
Anjela Annette Nazareth1, Ashish Gautam2
1Tutor, St. John’s College of Nursing, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
2Principal, Saraswati College of Nursing, Udaipur, Rajasthan.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2023
Internet overuse poses a serious risk to students and teenagers in the form of decreased face-to-face interaction, reduced outdoor creativity, cyberbullying, wastage of time, abandonment of family, invasion of privacy, lack of sleep, reduced physical activity, low morale, psychological blocks, elimination of book reading, etc., all of which have an adverse effect on relationships, increased anxiety, and excessive online spending1. In the current study, information was gathered on what degree college students in Udaipur knew about interventional strategies on internet overuse and when the usage needed to be reduced through the reading of an informational booklet. A simple non-probability random selection method was used to choose a sample of 169 students. Once the information booklet was distributed, the mean knowledge score was 17.7. The study's conclusions showed that there was no statistically significant correlation between post-test knowledge scores and particular baseline factors. The study's conclusions confirm the necessity of educating students about information booklet for internet overuse. Students' knowledge was increased because of the distribution of the instructional pamphlet. The study strongly advises implementing an organised teaching programme in institutions and schools to boost students' mental well-being, lower their risk of internet addiction, and encourage a healthy lifestyle.
Cite this article:
Anjela Annette Nazareth, Ashish Gautam. Effectiveness of Informational Booklet on knowledge of Interventional Strategies regarding Internet overuse among Students of Selected Degree Colleges in Udaipur city (Rajasthan). International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2023; 11(3):229-1. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2023.00052
Anjela Annette Nazareth, Ashish Gautam. Effectiveness of Informational Booklet on knowledge of Interventional Strategies regarding Internet overuse among Students of Selected Degree Colleges in Udaipur city (Rajasthan). International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2023; 11(3):229-1. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2023.00052 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-11-3-10
1. Milpitas CA, Vkool Magazine, April 15, 2022.
2. Milpitas CA, Vkool Magazine, April 15, 2022.
3. National centre for education statistic.
4. Techopedia Aug 17, 2020.
5. Iternet overuse and addiction, The University of Melbourne.
6. Millard D, Neiquette 101, 12.10.2015.
7. Cernja, I., Vejmelka, L. and Rajter, M. internet addiction test : Croatian preliminary study. BMC Psychiatry 19, 388 (2019).
8. Jaspreet Kaur, Amarjeet Kaur Singhera. An Exploratory Study to Assess the Knowledge regarding Promotion of Mental Health among Adolescents in selected School of Moga, Punjab. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2017; 5(3): 282-286.
9. A Study to determine the Impact of Social networking Sites on Mental Health of female Adolescents in Smpu College, Dharwad. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2018; 6(2): 210-213.
10. Dinesh Kumar Sharma, Himanshu Vya, Jeenath Justin Doss. K. A Study to Assess the Effectiveness of Informational Booklet (IB) for Caregivers Regarding the Care of Patients Receiving Antipsychotic Drugs at Selected Hospital of Gwalior. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research 4 (1): Jan-Mar., 2016; Page 79-80.