Back ground of the study- A research study on poha consumption and glycemic control was conducted with the objective of assessing the efficacy of glycemic control. The population included patients with type-2 Diabetes Mellitus. They were allowed to continue their normal life pattern during the addition of poha as a diet.
Meterials and Methods- A one group pretest post test design was used for the study. The sample size was 100. The setting was a selected village in Mangalore taluk in Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka. Systematic sampling was used for the study. Results- The post test GRBS levels of all the patients were lesser than the pretest levels. Patients had no additional complaints. The study was done at 0.05 level of significance. Conclusion- Poha is a part of occasional diet in south India. Due to the ignorance of glycemic control effect of this food, people do not consume it regularly. Daily consumption of this food is very effective in controlling hyperglycemia by slow release of glucose from the body. Large scale awareness has to be created among diabetic population regarding the efficacy of this food.
Cite this article:
N. M. Jose. Poha consumption and Glycemic control, An experimental Study. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 10(3):267-8. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2022.00062
N. M. Jose. Poha consumption and Glycemic control, An experimental Study. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 10(3):267-8. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2022.00062 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-10-3-18
1. https://phable care.com/ailment/diabetes/poha-good-for-diabetes/
2. journal of Diabetic research.WHO.global health risks.Jeneva-2009.
3. Yering w.Asian fatherhood.J farm issues;2013.34:143-160.
4. Araik.Hirao k. The status of glycemic control.D.M.Resclin.-2000.47:57-69.
5. Clark.C.A.etal.Effects of breakfast and Meal in D.M. Nutrition.2000.PMID:16.60-69
6. Rahul daharer et.al. Effect of physical, chemical and functional characteristics during Transformation of paddy to flaked rice(POHA),IJCS.2019:7(3):73-80