The foetal development is done at the end of 10th week of gestation period generally and in case of normal menstruation it is count as 12Th week of gestation. In this captious time of development a single cell changes in to an embryo which further form as human. In this difficult period several changes occurs in the seed. These complex events can be evaluated by TVS (Trans vaginal sonography). It shows the growth of unhatched offspring in to a foetus along with gestational sac and yolk sac. If we do a survey on Embryonic Demise the rate is 6 per 1000 live birth. Mostly at 7week -8 week of gestation period. The women is not aware about the demise. Only the investigations like on real time B-mode sonography shows missed abortion with tiny foetal pole of 3mm with no cardiac output. In some cases women do not know the actual reason of death. It can be due to maternal factors, foetal factors and oligospermia or azospermia. It can be detected in investigations before conception. At this critical stage physician give two options one is medical evacuation and surgical evacuation it is truly depends upon the patient’s condition. After the expulsion TVS is done to see the condition of uterus and ET lining. Proper guidance is given to the patient regarding medication, rest and diet. Counselling of the couple helps to relive from grief and anxiety and motivate to try again after a gap of 2-3 months.
Cite this article:
Harpreet Kaur Sodhi. Embryonic Demise. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(3):388-390. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2020.00083.6
1. Gordon Sherri (Dotadash Publication, September 20,2019 ) Https://WWW.Verywell Family.com>
2. Gaufberg V Slava (Meds Cape Editorial, November 5, 2018) https://Emedicine.Medscape.com>2.
3. Trivedi Neha, Laurent Louise (American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Volume 201,Issue 6, Supplement, December 2009,PAGE 93) Https://Www.Sciencedirect.Com>Pii
5. Having A Baby, Miscarriage (Health Information For Westerns Australians) Https://Healthywa.Wagov.Au>Articles
6. Press Green Winter, (Empty Arms Ilse Sherokee Paper Book) Edition 2015, jan 10 page no: 6, 9, 14, 16.
7. Davis L.Deborh, (Empty Cradle Broken Heart Paper Book) Edition 2016, Nov 1 Page No :90,96,154
8. Dutta D.C, Text Book of Gynecology, 7th Edition, Jaypee Publisher, New Delhi, Page No: 186,204,207.
9. Approach Based Gynecology in Methods, Habeebullah S, Soundaraghavan, Oumachigui Asha, 18th Edition, Published by Elsevier, Page no: 36, 41,122.
10. Gynecology Novak’s & Berek ,14th Edition, Published by Lippincott, Page no: 601,671,749