Author(s): Bhoomika Patel, Palak Patel

Email(s): palpatel5194@gmail.com

DOI: 10.52711/2454-2660.2021.00068   

Address: Mrs. Bhoomika Patel1, Ms. Palak Patel2
1HOD of Obstetricas and Gynecology, Nootan College of Nursing, Visnagar, Dist: Mehsana.
2Student, Nootan College of Nursing, Visnagar, Dist: Mehsana.
*Corresponding Author

Published In:   Volume - 9,      Issue - 3,     Year - 2021


ABSTRACT:
Introduction: Infertility is the failure of a couple to become pregnant after one year of regular, unprotected intercourse. In both men and women the fertility process is complex. Infertility affects about 10% of all couples. Even under ideal circumstances, the probability that a woman will get pregnant during a single menstrual cycle is only about 30%. And, when conception does occur, only 50 - 60% of pregnancies advance beyond the 20th week. About a third of infertility problems are due to female infertility, and another third are due to male infertility. In the remaining cases, infertility affects both partners or the cause is unclear. Although this brochure specifically addresses infertility in women, it is equally important for the male partner to be tested at the same time. Method And Material: quantitative non experimental descriptive research design was used. by using Purposive sampling technique. This study was also done on 60 samples; data was collected by semi structured questionnaire to assess the knowledge regarding management of infertility among infertile women. Results: In this study overall the highest percentage in the demographic data including the Age group 45% (26-30), Religion 90% (Hindu), Educational qualification 58% (Primary education), Type of the family 41% (Joint family), No. of woman in family 32% (1), Residence 45% (Rented homes), Income of the family 54% (5001 - 10,000), Duration of Marriage 48% (4 to 6 year), sources of information 40% (Newspaper), Any past history of diseases 40% (no any past history) And 85% of the sample had inadequate knowledge (score 0-10), 15% of them had Moderate knowledge (score 11-16) and 0 of them had adequate Knowledge (above 16) regarding management of infertility. chi square value of Age, Religion, Education regarding management of infertility was less than tabulated value of chi square so it was statistically significant at0.05 Level of significance Conclusion: the finding of the study reveal that samples has inadequate knowledge about management of infertility.


Cite this article:
Bhoomika Patel, Palak Patel. A Study to Assess the Knowledge regarding Management of Infertility among Infertile women at selected urban areas in Mehsana District with a view to develop Information Booklet on Management of Infertility. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 9(3):291-3. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2021.00068

Cite(Electronic):
Bhoomika Patel, Palak Patel. A Study to Assess the Knowledge regarding Management of Infertility among Infertile women at selected urban areas in Mehsana District with a view to develop Information Booklet on Management of Infertility. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 9(3):291-3. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2021.00068   Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-9-3-10


REFERENCE:
1.    Fraser DM, Cooper MA, Fletcher G. Myles textbook for midwives. 14th edn., Churchill livingstone Publication, Eninburgh, London New York Oxford Philadelphia St. Louis Sydney Toranto 2003: pg.174
2.    K. Park textbook of Preventive and social medicine, 20th edn., M/s Banarsidas Bhanot Publishers, 1167, Prem Nagar, Jabalpur – 482001 (MP), India, 2009.
3.    D.C. Dutta; Textbook of Gynaecology, 5th edition, New Central Book Agency, Delhi, Page 55-61.

Recomonded Articles:

Author(s): Ms. Khushboo Brar1*, Mrs. Tarundeep Kaur2, Mrs. P. Vadivukarrasi Ramanadin3

DOI: 10.5958/2454-2660.2016.00031.4         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): S. Tamil Selvi

DOI: 10.5958/2454-2660.2018.00014.5         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Anilkumar B. Jarali, Patrick O. Ogoncho

DOI: 10.5958/2454-2660.2016.00066.1         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): P.Vadivukkarasi Ramanadin, Sijo ME, Indave Chhaya Laxmanbhai, Mahala Lalita Manjibhai, Mahala Laxmi Lasyabhai, Mahale Ragini Laxman, Mahla Mathuri Rameshbhai

DOI: 10.5958/2454-2660.2017.00060.6         Access: Open Access Read More

International Journal of Nursing Education and Research (IJNER) is an international, peer-reviewed journal devoted to nursing sciences..... Read more >>>

RNI: Not Available                     
DOI: 10.5958/2231–5713 

Popular Articles


Recent Articles




Tags