The present day stressful and pressurized atmosphere, makes the fresher Nursing students easily breakdown and lose their faith and trust in themselves Therefore, a study was conducted for 15 to 30 minutes daily counseling, affirmation and meditation on the fresher B.Sc. Nursing students for 15 days. A total of 38 B.Sc. Nursing students participated for this study. It had a positive impact on them. It enhanced the level of concentration and attention in their performance. It relieved unnecessary stress and discomfort.
Cite this article:
Usha Gopalkrishnan Menon. A Study to Assess the Impact of 15 to 30 Minutes daily Counselling, Affirmation and Meditation on the Fresher B.Sc. Nursing students for 15 Days. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2023; 11(2):143-6. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2023.00031
Usha Gopalkrishnan Menon. A Study to Assess the Impact of 15 to 30 Minutes daily Counselling, Affirmation and Meditation on the Fresher B.Sc. Nursing students for 15 Days. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2023; 11(2):143-6. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2023.00031 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-11-2-9
1. Amol Bhagwat Kanade, Shubhangi Sarwan, Pradnya Said, Suvarna Kadam, Gokul Dhakne, Pramod Gore. A Study to Assess the Academic Stress and Coping Strategies used among the undergraduate nursing students from selected colleges of Pune City. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(2):183-188.
2. A.S. Hornby. New Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary. 7th edition. Oxford University Press.
3. Bhavya Jose (Shimly. T. Thomas), Sr. Sajeena. Effectiveness of yoga therapy on stress and concentration among students of selected schools in Kerala. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research.2017; 7(3): 299-304
4. Burnard, P. (1989), Teaching Interpersonal Skills, Chapman and Hall Ltd., London.
5. Burnard, P. (1991), Coping with Stress in Health Professions (Therapy in Practice), Nelson Thornes, London.
6. Burnard, P. (1999), Counselling Skills Training: A Sourcebook of Activities, Viva Books Private Ltd., Delhi.
7. Christine Michael. Effect of Yoga Nidra on Stress among Nursing Students in Selected Colleges of Nursing. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research.2017; 7(3): 429-440.
8. Deepa K Damodaran, Varghese Paul. K. What do Adolescents say about their Stress and Stressors?. Asian J. Nur. Edu. & Research 4(1): Jan.-March 2014; Page 92-95.
9. Devi C.G., N. Kokilavani, Rajasankar. A Study to Assess the Effectiveness of Counseling on Readiness to Change Behavior among the Alcoholic Abuser at a Selected Setting, Chennai. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research 3(4): Oct.- Dec., 2013; Page 228-232.
10. Devi. S, L N Samaga. Effect of transcendental meditation on stress and blood pressure among patients with systemic hypertension. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research 5(1): Jan.-March 2015; Page151-156.
11. G. Mallika, V. Tulasi Das. Impact of Stress on working performance of Nurses and Organizational effectiveness in Hospitals. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(3):225-232.
12. Jones, N. (1990), The Theory and Practice of Counselling Psychology, Cassell Education Ltd., London.
13. Lipika Mondal. A co-relational study on job related stress, stress reaction and coping strategies adopted by nursing personnel providing care to PLHIVs at selected Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(2):227-234.
14. Maneet Kaur, Satinderbir Kaur, Aditya Chauhan. A Study on Stress among Graduate College Students in Ludhiana. Asian J. Management; 2017; 8(3):628-634.
15. Monika Agarwal. System Dynamics Modelling of The Influence of Stress on Job Performance at Workplace. Asian J. Management; 2017; 8(3):827-833.
16. Namrata Sachan, Neeraj Yadav, Priyanka Masih, Priyanka Spencer, Rashmi Gautam, Rashmi Rawat, Alwin Issac. Depression, Anxiety and Stress among Nursing Students. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 12(1):70-4.
17. Nidhi Tomar. Affirmations – The Power of Spoken Words. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 12(2):249-0.
18. Nirmala Singh, Charu Kohli. Stress Reaction and Coping Strategies among Nursing Students in Delhi. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research 5(2): April-June 2015; Page 274-278.
19. Raghu Rama G N. A Study to assess the Effectiveness of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Meditation on Reducing Stress among Cancer Patients in Selected Hospitals at Mandya District. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2016; 6(2): 188-190.
20. Rinu J George, Shiny. T. Sam. Guided Imagery: Child + Guided Imagery = Reduced Pain, Stress and Anxiety. Let Your Child get Healed Without pain and Expenses. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research.2017; 7(1): 79-85.
21. Rogers, C. (1951), Client Centered Therapy: Its Current Practice, Implications and Theory. Boston Houghton, Mithinco.
22. Sailaja Busi, Zewdie Oltaye, Ezez Aklile, Tesfaw Ayenew, Berihun Yimam, Kefyalew Wubie, Addis Kindie, Sinit Tesfaye. Prevalence and Determinants of Mental Distress among University Students, College of Medicine and Health Sciences in Hawassa University, Ethiopia. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2016; 6(3): 356-360.
23. Sasmita Das, Prasanna Baby. Impact of Work Related Stress on Burnout among I.C.U Nurses: A Literature Review. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research 3(2): April.-June 2013; Page 101-106.
24. Sasmita Das, Prasanna Baby. Perceived stress and its association with selected factors among nursing students in a baccalaureate programme. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research 2(4): Oct-Dec. 2012; Page 215-217.
25. Suni. M. S., Nirmala.V., Shani Sikkandar. Stress and Job Satisfaction among Staff Nurses. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research.2017; 7(1): 31-34.
26. University) Gandhigram. Gandhian Way of Managing Stress with Work Load and Facilities. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(3):1065-1066.
27. Vidhi Patel. A Study to assess the effectiveness of structured teaching programme on knowledge regarding Academic stress and it’s Management among students of Higher Secondary school of Visnagar city. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(4):419-421.