Jayesh V. Patidar, Tamanna Parmar
Jayesh V. Patidar1, Tamanna Parmar2
1HOD of Mental Health Department, Joitiba College of Nursing, Bhandu, Dist. Mehsana.
22nd Year M.Sc Nursing Student, Joitiba College of Nursing, Bhandu, Dist. Mehsana.
Volume - 10,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2022
Introduction: most people worry about some feature of their face or body at some time and they use cosmetics for improve their physical look. But if this thinking covert into obsession than person suffer from body dysmorphic disorder. Person with body dysmorphic disorder may spend long period of thinking about physical details that are unnoticeable or not visible to other peoples. This concern can become an obsession. Body dysmorphic disorder is mental condition with person become very anxious about physical defect. They are imagining the defect or it’s so minor that other cannot see. These feeling consume the person’s thoughts, affecting their social activity and job.1 Design: A quantitative approach using Pre experimental one group pre-test post-test research design. Participants: 100 selected Adolescent girls of Gandhinagar district using Non-Probability Convenience sampling technique. Tool: Self- Structured Knowledge Questionnaire. Results: With regard to pre-test level of knowledge it shows that, maximum 66(66%) participants were having poor knowledge, 34(34%) participants were having average knowledge. During post-test maximum 54(54%) of participants were having good knowledge and remaining 46(46%) of participants were had average knowledge. In pre-test, participants mean was 6.02, with standard deviation 2.44. In post-test, participants mean was13.33, with standard deviation 3.13. Conclusion: There was an increase in knowledge score after structured teaching program. There is significant moderate co-relation between the Knowledge and Attitude of the adolescent girls regarding body dysmorphic disorder.
Cite this article:
Jayesh V. Patidar, Tamanna Parmar. A Study to assess the effectiveness of Structured Teaching Program on knowledge regarding Body Dysmorphic Disorder among adolescent girls in selected schools in Gandhinagar district. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 10(4):369-1. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2022.00084
Jayesh V. Patidar, Tamanna Parmar. A Study to assess the effectiveness of Structured Teaching Program on knowledge regarding Body Dysmorphic Disorder among adolescent girls in selected schools in Gandhinagar district. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 10(4):369-1. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2022.00084 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-10-4-19
1. Cleveland Clinic, Website: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/heath/diseasae/9888
2. Body dysmorphic disorder foundation Website: https://bddfoundation.org/information/history-of-bdd/
3. Andri S, Bjornsson, Dialogues in Clinical Neuroscience, “body dysmorphic disorder”, Website: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/PMC3181960/
4. Katharina Schieber, Alexandra Martin, Journal of Psychosomatic Research 78(3) DOL: 10.1016/j.
5. Medical news today, 12 march 2019, Website: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/309254
6. American journal of psychiatry 163(7);1280-1282 ‘Suicidality in body dysmorphic disorder’ Website: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325679980
7. Mohadese Hasani, Hosseyn Eskandar, Mohammad Reza Dalvand Website: https://go.gale.com
8. Zahedan journal of research in medical sciences, “Prevalence of body dysmorphic disorder” volume-23, issue- 2 published on march 30, 2021 Website: https://brieflands.com/articles/zjrms-95247
9. Katharine Phillips, MD, “Prevalence of Body dysmorphic disorder” Website: https://bdd.iocdf.org/professionals/prevalence/