Jayesh V. Patidar, Mitaraj Parmar
Jayesh V. Patidar1, Mitaraj Parmar2
1HOD of Mental Health Department, Joitiba College of Nursing, Bhandu, Dist: Mehsana.
22ed Year M.Sc Nursing Student, Joitiba College of Nursing, Bhandu, Dist: Mehsana.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2023
Introduction: Birth defect result in abnormal physiology, often with detrimental consequences, be it physical, developmental or intellectual disability. Congenital heart disease is non-specific medical term for range of defect present at the time of birth. Congenital heart disease can arise from combination of genetic and environmental cause.1design: A quantitative approach using pre-experimental one group pre-test post-test research design. Participants: 60 selected eligible couple of Mehsana city using non-probability convenience sampling technique. Tool: self-structured knowledge questionnaire. Result: with regards to pre-test level of knowledge it shows that, maximum 48(80%) participants were having poor knowledge, 12(20%) participants were having average knowledge. during post-test maximum 35(58.3%) of participants were having good knowledge and remaining 25(41.7%) of participants were had average knowledge. In pre-test, participants mean was 5.25, with standard deviation 1.80. in post-test participants mean was 13.81, with standard deviation 1.99. Conclusion: there was an increase knowledge score after planned teaching programme. There is significant moderate co-relation between the knowledge of the eligible couples regarding congenital heart disease.
Cite this article:
Jayesh V. Patidar, Mitaraj Parmar. A Study to assess the effectiveness of Planned Teaching Program on knowledge regarding Congenital Heart Disease among Eligible couples in selected area of Mehsana city. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2023; 11(3):208-0. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2023.00047
Jayesh V. Patidar, Mitaraj Parmar. A Study to assess the effectiveness of Planned Teaching Program on knowledge regarding Congenital Heart Disease among Eligible couples in selected area of Mehsana city. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2023; 11(3):208-0. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2023.00047 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-11-3-5
2. National Library of Medicine. Congenital Heart Defect” Website: https://medlinepulse.gov/congenitalheartdefects.html
3. Researchgate,” introduction of congenital heart disease” Website: https://www.researchgate.net
4. Centers for disease control and prevention, “foundation of congenital heart disease” Website: https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/heartdefects/facts.html
5. National center for biotechnology information, “incidence and mortality trend of congenital heart disease at the national level” Website: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7306355/
6. Indian Paediatrics,” Congenital heart disease in India” Website: https://www.indianpediatrics.net/dec2018/dec-10751082.htm
7. Child and Adolescent Health,” Global, Regional, and national burden of congenital heart disease” Website:https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/circulationaha
8. BMC cardiovascular disorders, “prevalence of congenital heart in children” Website: https://bmccardiovascdisord.biomedcentral.com
9. Mayo clinic, “incidence of congenital heart disease “Website: https://mayocliniccongenitalhesrtdisease.com
10. Midline pulse. “congenital heart disease “Website: https://midlinepulse/congenitalheartdisease.com
11. Cleveland clinic, “adult congenital heart disease “Website: https://my.clecelandclinic/congenitalheartdisease.com