Restless Legs Syndrome- is a disorder in which you have an uncontrollable impulse to move your legs, usually in response to an unpleasant sensation. It usually happens when you're seated or lying down in the evening or at night. Moving around temporarily alleviates the uncomfortable sensation. Restless legs syndrome, also known as Willis-Ekbom sickness, can strike at any age and worsens with time. It can interfere with daily tasks by disrupting sleep. Simple self-care and lifestyle adjustments may be beneficial in alleviating symptoms. Medications also help many people with RLS1.
Cite this article:
Veerabhadrappa G Mendagudli. Triggers, Home Remedies, and Treatment for Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2023; 11(1):96-8. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2023.00022
Veerabhadrappa G Mendagudli. Triggers, Home Remedies, and Treatment for Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2023; 11(1):96-8. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2023.00022 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-11-1-22
2. Allen, R; Picchietti, D; Hening, WA; Trenkwalder, C; Walters, AS; Montplaisi, J; Restless Legs Syndrome Diagnosis Epidemiology workshop at the National Institutes of Health; International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group (2003). "Restless legs syndrome: diagnostic criteria, special considerations, and epidemiology A report from the restless legs syndrome diagnosis and epidemiology workshop at the National Institutes of Health". Sleep Medicine. 4 (2): 101–19. doi:10.1016/S1389-9457(03)00010-8. PMID 14592341.
4. "What Causes Restless Legs Syndrome?". NHLBI. November 1, 2010. Archived from the original on 20 August 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
5. "Restless Legs Syndrome Information Page | National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke". www.ninds.nih.gov. Retrieved 7 July 2019.
6. Shivaleela S Sarawad. Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS): An Overview. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2022; 10(2):153-5. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2022.00040
7. "How Is Restless Legs Syndrome Treated?". NHLBI. November 1, 2010. Archived from the original on 27 August 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2016.