Sarvanan SS, Santosh Kumar S K, Chinnasamy A
Sarvanan SS1, Santosh Kumar S K2, Chinnasamy A2
1Principal, MINS College of Nursing, Latur.
2Assoc.Professor, MINS College of Nursing, Latur.
Volume - 10,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2022
Background of The Study: A man’s life is normally divided into five stages namely: infancy, childhood, adolescence, adulthood and old age. Every stage has its significance in terms of biological and psychological transition which in-turn influences the behavior, among these stages the pivotal transformation occurs between childhood to adolescence, which is also termed as biological stress. Hormone for the first time appear and change the internal environment and in- turn influence psychological composure of an individual, this influence can be in positive or in negative way. Aim: Aim of study is to assess and compare emotional intelligence between boys and girls nursing students form selected nursing colleges of latur.
Method: In the study 60 samples were chosen using non probability convenient sampling, structured Emotional intelligence scale was administered to assess emotional intelligence among boys and girls of nursing college. Result: The findings of the present study, revealed that among Boys the highest percentage (86%) had high emotional intelligence and remaining (13.33%) had low Emotional intelligence scores. While In case of Girls, Highest percentage (95%) had high emotional intelligence scores and remaining (5%) had low emotional intelligence scores. To find the significance of difference in mean emotional intelligence scores between Boys and Girls Nursing students, Independent ‘t’-test was computed obtained value of Independent ‘t’(58)= 6.553 , which was found to be significant at 0.05 level of significance. Hence Null hypothesis is rejected interpreting Girls had significantly higher emotional intelligence compared to Boys. To find association with level of Emotional intelligence and their selected personal demographical variables Chi-Square was computed, results reveal that no personal variables of samples were found to be statistically significant at 0.05 level of significance. Conclusion: The study revealed the emotional intelligence is having a profound impact on boys and girls Nursing students and it further revels that girls had higher emotionally intelligence in comparison to boys. The result demonstrated that the Questionnaire was effective for comparing the emotional maturity in between boys and girls among the nursing student M.I.N.S college latur.
Cite this article:
Sarvanan SS, Santosh Kumar S K, Chinnasamy A. A Comparative Study to Assess Emotional Intelligence between boys and girls nursing students of selected Nursing Colleges at Latur. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 10(3):198-2. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2022.00046
Sarvanan SS, Santosh Kumar S K, Chinnasamy A. A Comparative Study to Assess Emotional Intelligence between boys and girls nursing students of selected Nursing Colleges at Latur. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 10(3):198-2. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2022.00046 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-10-3-2
1. Nirmala V, Suni M S. Assertiveness, self-esteem and stress among Nursing Students Journal 2016; 12(2): 55-61
2. Rodrigo Marques da silva et al. Hardy personality and burnout syndrome among nursing students in three Brazlian universities- An analytical study; BMC Nursing 2014.
3. Prahasita. Emotional intelligence, the need of the hour. Times Ascent 2010; Mar3
4. Champan JE, Wikinson P. Mental health and psychological wellbeing. Clinical Psychology Journal 2006; 26(1): 17-31
5. Marcel V, Kleigman M. Textbook of Psychiatric Nursing.18th ed. Philadelphia. Saunders Publication 2007: 12-18
6. Larson, Reed, Suzanne. The ecology of adolescent activity and experience. Journal of Youth and Adolescence 2005;6(3): 301-304.
7. Rey, Lourdes; Extremera, Natalio; Pena, Mari. Perceived emotional intelligence, self-esteem and life satisfaction among adolescents. Available from: http://www. redalyc.org/ articulo. oa?id=1798192850
8. Ahmed A,Khalique N. Prevalence of psychosocial problems among school going male adolescents. Indian Journal of Community Medicine 2007;32(3): 219-221.
9. Reddy, Sadananda, Vyas. et al.Self-Esteem among Undergraduate Students. International Journal of Education and Management Emotional Intelligence and Studies 2015;4(5): 1-7.
10. Ebtsam Aly Abou Hashish , Erada Fouad Bajbeir Emotional Intelligence among Saudi Nursing Students and Its Relationship to Their Critical Thinking Disposition at College of Nursing- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. American Journal of Nursing Research. 2018, 6(6), 350-358.