A study was conducted to assess the effectiveness of planned health teaching on knowledge regarding antenatal care among primi mothers. The study aimed to assess knowledge of primi mothers on antenatal care and to evaluate the effectiveness of planned health teaching on knowledge regarding antenatal care among primi mothers. A Pre-experimental one group pre-test and post-test design was adopted for the present study. The sample for the present study composed of primi mothers. A sample of 30 primi mothers who met the inclusion criteria was selected. Non-probability randomsampling technique was used to select the samples. A structured interview method was developed for the purpose of data collection in the present study. The respondents knowledge scores was high in the post-test (mean=23.23) than that in the pre-test (mean=10.4). The obtained ‘t’ value, t = 12.15 was highly significant. Hence the null hypothesis is rejected and research hypothesis is accepted. The study findings imply that there is a need for educational programme to create awareness among the primimothers regarding antenatal diet.
Cite this article:
Ashwini Patil, Sateesh Biradar. Antenatel care among Primi mothers. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(4):429-431. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2020.00095.2
Ashwini Patil, Sateesh Biradar. Antenatel care among Primi mothers. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(4):429-431. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2020.00095.2 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-8-4-3
1. Susila. C. “Level of self motivation among primi mothers towards antenatal care.” Journal of clinical nursing, education, training, and carrier development : Volume 3 Number 1, January, 2008; p7-9
2. Adil Hibnouf, Johannes A. Maarse. “Utilization of antenatal care services for women in their reproductive age, journal of Egypt, Public Health Association 2002; 77(5-6);479-98, 17216974.
3. Mahala A. Kishk “Knowledge and practice of women in towards antenatal car; rural urban hcomparison.” Arch Gynecologist 2009 sep 2; 19727783
4. Amarnath G.B Hide. “Textbook of obstertric for nurse and midwives” 1st edition New Delhi , Workman Publishers,2000.
5. Mundaliar and Manan’s, “Clinical Obstetrics” 4th edition Chennai, Oriens Longman Ltd. 2000
6. G. Saranya. E-Health Assistance for Antenatal Care. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(8): 2561-2563.
7. Pushpaveni. N. P. Effectiveness of video Assisted Instructional Module on Antenatal Care on the Pregnancy outcome of pregnant women attending Maternity Hospitals, Bangalore. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2018; 8(4):505-510.
8. Prathima. P, S. Anuchitra. Compliance on Antenatal Care advices Among Antenatal Mothers with Pregnancy induced Hypertension in selected Hospital Bangalore. Int. J. Adv. Nur. Management 2(4): Oct. - Dec., 2014; Page 196-199.
9. Ramalaksmi, Midhu Kurian. A study to assess the knowledge of healthy and harmful practices of antenatal care among antenatal women in the rural areas of Dehradun. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2018; 6(1):75-83.
10. Divya Roopa. C, Mathumitha. A, Priyadharshini. A, Sherline Chitra. A, Sivasankari. S, Vinodhini. P, Ravichandran. A Study to assess the Knowledge and Attitude regarding Antenatal Care among Spouse of Primi Gravid Mothers Attending Antenatal OPD, PIMS, Puducherry. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2019; 7(4):331-335.
11. A. Jessie Angel Dayna, Vishakha Chaudhary. A Study to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on Knowledge regarding antenatal care among Primigravida mothers in a selected Villages of Mehsana District. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2020; 8(1):93-95.
12. Shivani Rai. A Descriptive Study to Assess the Knowledge and Belief Regarding Antenatal Care among Antenatal Mothers in Selected Hospitals of District S.A.S Nagar, Punjab 2011-2012. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2017; 5(4): 410-414.
13. K. L. Narayana, L. Giridhar, K. Harika. Antenatal Care Utilization of Savara Tribe Women: A Most Vulnerable Tribe of Andhra Pradesh. Research J. Humanities and Social Sciences 2015; 6(2): 153-161.
14. C. Susila Billroth. Effect of Re-Enforcement of Antenatal Care on Outcome of the Baby among Primi Gravidae. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research 2(4): Oct-Dec. 2012; Page 222-223.
15. P. Meena. A study to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on Knowledge Regarding Importance of Antenatal Checkup and Diagnostic Measures among Primi Mothers at Selected Community Area at Bangalore. Int. J. Adv. Nur. Management. 2016; 4(4): 384-387.