A descriptive study was conducted to assess the level of knowledge regarding umbilical cord stem cell banking among staff nurses at selected Hospitals of Haridwar Uttrakhand A non-experimental research design was used assess the knowledge regarding umbilical cord stem cell banking among staff nurses. The sample consists of 104 staff nurses of selected hospitals who were available at the time of study. Purposive sampling technique was used for selection of samples. The data was collected using self-structured questionnaire. Results depicted that majority of staff nurses had inadequate knowledge regarding umbilical cord stem cell banking. The mean knowledge score was found to be 16.5±6.16. The results also indicated knowledge of staff nurses was found to be significant with years of experience of staff nurses. Hence the study concluded that knowledge of staff nurses were influenced by years’ experience
Cite this article:
Shaheen, Ruchi Chauhan. A study to assess the level of knowledge regarding umbilical cord stem cell banking among staff nurses at selected Hospitals of Haridwar Uttrakhand. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 9(4):429-3. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2021.00099
Shaheen, Ruchi Chauhan. A study to assess the level of knowledge regarding umbilical cord stem cell banking among staff nurses at selected Hospitals of Haridwar Uttrakhand. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 9(4):429-3. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2021.00099 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-9-4-9
1. Introduction to cell, adam Purecel, ,cited on 2 february 2019, url address, available from https://basicbiology.net/biology- 101/introduction-to-cells
2. Cell biology, wikipedia, cited on 2 february, url address, available from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/cell_(biology)
3. Amisha s amin1 international journal of health sciences and research www.ijhsr.org issn: 2249-9571
4. Amera bekhatroh awed allah rashed toward banking of stem cells from the umbilical cord blood before and after counseling issn 2422-8419 an international peer-reviewed journal vol.53, 2018file:///c:/users/malik%20computer/desktop/pdf/amera%20bek hatroh.pdf
5. Introduction of umbiical cord, cited on 28 august 2018, url address, available from https://www.nhs.uk/common-health- questions/pregnancy/what-is-the-umbilical-cord/.
6. March of dimes, cited on june, 2014 url address, available from https://www.marchofdimes.org/pregnancy/umbilical-cord- blood.aspx
7. Boston children's hospital cited on 4 march 2019, url address, available from http://stemcell.childrenshospital.org/about-stem- cells/history/
8. Cryo cell, cited on 4 march 2019, url address, available from https://www.cryo-cell.com/cord-blood-banking
9. Life cell booklet, . cited on 8 february 2019, url address, available from www.lifecell.in
10. jk publisher
11. Adel alhadlaq “assessment of knowledge and attitude towards stem cell and their implication in density among recent graduates of denta schools in saudi arabia. saudi dental journal (2019) 31, 66–75 file:///c:/users/malik%20computer/desktop/pdf/adel%20alhadlaq.p df
12. Ambili venugopal, knowledge and attitude of nurses regarding stem cells and umbilical cord blood banking in a selected tertiary care facility issn print : 2231-1149 issn online: 2349299file:///c:/users/malik%20computer/desktop/pdf/ambili%20 vengopal1111.pdf
13. Amisha s amin1, vinaya kumary t2*, vijiprasad. c2** international journal of health sciences and research www.ijhsr.org, issn:22499571file:///c:/users/malik%20coputer/desktop/pdf/amisha %20s%20amin1.pdf
14. Zhu h, ,an improved method to produce clinical-scale natural killer cells from human pluripotent stem cells. methods mol biol. 2019;2048:107-119. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-9728-2_12, international journal of nursing education and research (ijner).
15. Ms. dipali pingale a study to assess the effectiveness of information booklet on knowledge regarding cord stem cell banking among staff nurses in selected hospitalsissn print : 2347- 8640 issn online : 2454-266
16. Rabaa el-sayed shaban effect of an educational program on perception and practices of nursing students regarding the cord blood collection technique and stem cells, iosr journal of nursing and health science (iosr-jnhs) e-issn: 2320–1959.p- issn: 2320– 1940 volume 8, issue 1 ser. v. (jan. - feb .2019), pp 28-41 www.iosrjournals.org.
17. Vishal gupta, cord blood banking: antenatal care provider’s roles and responsibilities, hindawi stem cells international volume 2019, article id 3598404, 7 pages https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/3598404.
18. David t. harris collection, processing, and banking of umbilical cord blood stem cells for clinical use in transplantation and regenerative medicine, doi: 10.1309/64qg394k1m639l8a, march 2008 jvolume 39 number 3 jlabmedicine
19. Lye jee leng, association between nurses' knowledge and attitudes toward stem cell application in medicine, article · april 2016, article · april 2016.