Rajinder Kaur, Amandeep Kaur, Mandeep Kaur
Rajinder Kaur1, Amandeep Kaur2, Mandeep Kaur3
1Nursing Tutor/ Demonstrator, SINPMS, M.Sc. Community Health Nursing, State Institute of Nursing and Paramedical Sciences, Badal.
2Assistant Professor, SINPMS, M.Sc. Community Health Nursing, State Institute of Nursing and Paramedical Sciences, Badal.
3Associate Professor, UCON, Faridkot.
Volume - 8,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2020
Introduction: Good nutrition is very essential for maintaining health of the children. Mother is responsible for nutrition of the young child. The mothers should know about the value of child nutrition. Knowledge of mothers has an important role in the maintenance of nutritional status of the children. Aim of The Study: The aim of this study was to assess the effectiveness of nutrition education package on knowledge regarding child nutrition among mothers of children between 0-2 years. Material and Methods: A quasi experimental design was used to assess the effectiveness of nutrition education package on knowledge regarding child nutrition among mothers of children between 0-2 years. Study was in village Mehna and Singhewala, District Sri Muktsar Sahib Punjab. Purposive sampling technique was used to select 60 mothers in selected rural areas. Structured interview schedule was prepared to assess the knowledge regarding child nutrition analyzed by using descriptive and inferential statistics. Results: Statistically significant difference in the mean pre test and post test knowledge score of mother regarding child nutrition at 0.05 level of significance. Conclusion: It was concluded on the basis of the findings of this study that the mothers had average pretest knowledge regarding child nutrition and nutrition education help to improve the knowledge of mothers in experimental group.
Cite this article:
Rajinder Kaur, Amandeep Kaur, Mandeep Kaur. Effectiveness of Nutrition Education package on knowledge regarding Child Nutrition among Mothers of Children between 0-2 years. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(4):421-424. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2020.00093.9
1. Dutta Parul. Pediatric Nursing. 2nd ed. New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers; 2012. p.47.
2. Yadav Manoj. A Textbook of Child Health Nursing. India: S.Vikas and Company; 2013. p.138.
3. Surabi SM. Malnutrition Among Children. Times of India. 2004; 249(7):92-7.
4. Water Related Diseases, Geneva, 2004. [cited 2014 Dec. 13]. Available from www.who.inc/watersanitation.health/diseases/ malnutrition/on/WHO
5. Unicef. The Children Nutrition. [cited 2014 Aug. 16]. Available from http://www.unicef.org/india/children 2356.htm
6. Park K, Textbook of Preventive Social Medicine, 2000. 16th edition: Banarsidas Bhanot Publishers; Jabalpur
7. The International Association of infant food manufacturers. Infant Feeding practices. [Homepage on internet].2006 [cited 2015 March 15]. Available from: http://www.ifm.net
8. Samiran Bisai, K. Bose, and S Dikshit: “Under-nutrition among slum children aged 3-6 years in Midnapore town, India”. The Internet Journal of Biological Anthropology. 2009. 2(2).
9. D’costa Anitha Preethi. Effectiveness of Self Instructional Module on Knowledge of Lactating Mothers Regarding Weaning In Mangalore: A Pre Experimental Study. American International Journal of Research in Humanities, Artsand Social Sciences. ISSN (Online): p.109-112. Available online at http://www.iasir.net.
10. Vinodini Reddy: “Weaning when, what, why.” Indian Journal of Pediatrics. July 1987. Volume 54 Number 4.
11. Naho Edgie, Varia Anjali, Varia Khevna, Prajapti Anita, Mackwana Prinkal, Thakor Mayuri, Tadvi Nehal, Jaydeep, Jayesh, Tejas Pandya. A Study to assess the Knowledge regarding Weaning among under five children mothers at Waghodia, Vadodara, Gujarat with a view to develop Health Education Programme. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2018; 6(4): 304-308.
12. Kadali Sam Prasad. Effectiveness of Video Assisted Teaching Programme on knowledge regarding weaning among mothers of Infant. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2019; 7(3):325-326.