D. Muthukumaran, Danasu, Sridevi
Email ID Not Available
Mr. D. Muthukumaran1, Dr. Danasu2, Dr. Sridevi3
1Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Surgical Nursing, Sri Manakula Vinayagar Nursing College, Puducherry.
2Principal, Sri Manakula Vinayagar Nursing College, Puducherry.
3Associate Professor, Department of Medical Surgical Nursing, Sri Manakula Vinayagar Nursing College, Puducherry.
Volume - 8,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2020
Pattern brown Kelly syndrome is characterized by web formation in the region of cricopharynx the prevalence of post cricoid webs was 0.3%-1.1% in women overall. It is characterized by iron deficiency anemia and dysphagia. Patients usually have koilonychias, atrophic gastritis and glossitis. The cause of disease is unknown, genetic, nutritional deficiency, its gradually lead to thinning of mucosa followed by atrophy of the mucosa and subepithelial fibrosis, which may responsible for web formation the symptoms may be difficulty in swallowing initially for solids followed by for liquids too, difficulty in breathing, tachycardia, stomatitis, glossitis. It can be diagnosed through Hemogram, serum iron, barium swallow and oesophagoscopy to rule out the malignancy. That should be treated with supplemental irons and vitamins and excision of web.
Cite this article:
D. Muthukumaran, Danasu, Sridevi. Plummer Vinson Syndrome (Pattern Brown Kelly Syndrome). Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(3):404-406. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2020.00089.7
D. Muthukumaran, Danasu, Sridevi. Plummer Vinson Syndrome (Pattern Brown Kelly Syndrome). Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(3):404-406. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2020.00089.7 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-8-3-26
1. PL. Dhingra, Textbook of diseases of Ear, nose, and throat and head and neck surgery, 7th edition, Elsevier publications pg.no 354.
2. Elwood pc, jacobs a, pitman rg, entwistle cc. Epidemiology of the paterson-kelly syndrome. Lancet. 1964 oct 03;2(7362):716-20. PubMed
3. Messmann H. Squamous cell cancer of the oesophagus. Best Practice Res Clinical Gastroenterology. 2001 Apr; 15(2):249-65. PUBMED
4. Mohan bansal, Textbook of diseases of Ear, Noseand throat, jaypee publications, page.no. 388-389.
5. Zakir hussain, Textbook of otorhinolaryngology, 4th edition, paras medical publisher, page.no. 832-833.