Pre experimental, one group pre and post design study was conducted on 40, Caretaker s of hemodialysis patient with A.V. fistula and A.V. Shunt. As intervention VAT (Video Assisted Teaching) given to caretakers regarding home care management of hemodialysis. The level of knowledge was assessed by structured knowledge questionnaire. Descriptive and inferential statistics were used to analyze the data. The finding of the study depict that there is a significant difference between the pre test and post test knowledge scores. The over all pre test mean knowledge score was 14.8.and overall post test mean knowledge score was 25.8. The difference was statistically proved with paired ‘t’ test, value (14.6) and was highly significant at the level of p <0.05 and 0.01 level. Regarding level of satisfaction on VAT (Video Assisted Teaching), 88% were highly satisfied, 12% were moderate satisfied.
Cite this article:
Pradeep Kumar. Effect of Video Assisted Teaching (VAT) regarding Knowledge on Home Care Management of Hemodialysis among Care Takers. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(3): 295-298. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2020.00064.2
1. Altma Bouska Gaylene et al. (2010). Delmaris fundamental and advanced nursing skills. Washington. Delmer Thomson Learning. 118-120.
2. Adeera Levin, Brenda Hemmelgarns, Bruce Culleton, Sheldon. (2008). Guidelines for Management of Chronic Kidney Disease. CMJ. Sixth Edition.225-227.
3. Agrawal S K. (2009). Prevalence of Chronic Renal Failure in Adults in Delhi, India. Jaypee .89-95.
4. Bare G. Brenda, Smeltzer. C. Suzanne.(2011). Bruner and Suddarth’s Textbook of Medical Surgical Nursing. Philadelphia. J. B. Lippincott. Eighth edition.56-59.
5. Bolander Verolyn Rao, Soreson and Luckmann.(1998).Basic Nursing –A psychological approach. Philadelphia.W.B. Saunders Company.Fifth edition.25-30.
6. Additgton Hall, J.et.al.The prevalence of symptoms in ESRD- A systematic Review. Advances in Chronic Kidney Disease. Jauary, 2007.14(1).82-89.
7. Agarwal , S.K., et al. Prevalence of chronic renal failure in adults in Delhi, india. Nephrology Dialysis Transplant. September –October, 2005. 20(9).1638-1642.
8. Anand,V. et.al. Acquired cystic kidney disease in maintainance hemodialysis. Indian Journal of Nephrology.2009.8(2).60-64.
9. Ball, G.et.al. Chronic renal failure in India. Nephrology Dialysis Transplant. 2011.9(7).871-872.
10. Ballad, Sudarshan H. The burden of chronic kidney disease in developing country,india. QUEST: Clinical Journal of Nephrologists. 2007,july .9(7).12
11. Eun-Mi Ham, Ji-Hye Lim, Sul-Hee Lee. The effect of Cool Dialysis on Pruritus and Fatigue in Hemodialysis Patients. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2018; 11(5):1851-1854.
12. Monika, . Kiran Batra, Shaveta Sharma . A Descriptive Study to Assess the Quality of Life in ESRD (End Stage Renal Disease) Patients Undergoing Hemodialysis in Selected Hospital of Mohali, Punjab. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2018; 6(1): 31-36.
13. Liya John. A Study to assess the Renal Dietary Adherence among Patients undergoing Hemodialysis in selected Hospital, Bangalore with a view to develop Informational Pamphlet. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2017; 5(4): 356-358.
14. Pallavi R. Mangrule. A Study to Identify the Learning needs of Patients Undergoing Hemodialysis and Prepare and Evaluate the Effectiveness of self Instructional Module for home Management of Patients. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2017; 5(2): 131-135.
15. A study to assess the Effectiveness of Structured Teaching programme on Knowledge regarding Lifestyle Indrawati Rao. Modification among Hemodialysis Patients in Shree Sardar Smarak Hospital, Bardoli. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research 3(3):July-Sept., 2015; Page 269-274.
16. K. Srinivassan. A Descriptive Study to assess the knowledge on Dietary Management among Chronic Renal Failure Patients undergoing Hemodialysis at Selected Hospital, Kanchipuram. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research 2(3): July- Sept. 2014; Page 241-244.
17. Seema Aggarwal, Jasinder Pal Kaur, Devi CG. A Study to assess the level of stress among significant family members of patients with end stage Renal Failure undergoing Hemodialysis in selected hospitals of Punjab.Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2018; 6(3): 171-174.
18. Swapna Mary A, N Gayathri Priya. Dialysis and Exercise: A Perfect Match. Int. J. Adv. Nur. Management 3(1):Jan. - Mar., 2015; Page 69-72.
19. Navneet Kaur, Manjeet Kaur, Rashmi Choudhary. An Exploratory Study to Assess the Knowledge regarding Post Dialysis Home Care among Caregivers of Hemodialysis Patients Attending Selected Hospital of Mohali. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research 5(1): Jan.-March 2015; Page 45-49
20. Masoud Rayyani, Lila Malekyan, Mansooreh Azzizadeh Forouzi, Aliakbar Haghdoost, Farideh Razban. Self-care Self-efficacy and Quality of Life among Patients Receiving Hemodialysis in South-East of Iran. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research 4(2): April- June 2014; Page 165-171
21. Thenmozhi. P, Rajeswari Vaidyanathan, R. Vijayarhagavan. Efficacy of Intradialytic Exercise on Blood Pressure among Patients on Hemodialysis. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2018; 11(6): 2209-2212.
22. Duaa Dhia Hameed Al- Baghdadi, Rajha A.. Quality of Life for Hemodialysis Patients with Chronic Renal Failure. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2018; 11(6): 2398-2403.