Author(s): Renuka, Krishna Thakur

Email(s): Email ID Not Available

DOI: 10.5958/2454-2660.2017.00085.0   

Address: Renuka1, Dr. Krishna Thakur2
1Assistant Professor, Kular College of Nursing, Kishangarh
2Professor, Gian Sagar College of Nursing, Banur
*Corresponding Author

Published In:   Volume - 5,      Issue - 4,     Year - 2017


ABSTRACT:
A Pre-experimental study was conducted in the selected schools, Punjab. The aim of the study is to evaluate the effectiveness of Planned Teaching Programme on knowledge and practices of oral hygiene among school children. A total 100 school children between age group 12-16 years and selected by the purposive sampling technique. Pre test was conducted to evaluate the existing knowledge and practices among school children regarding oral hygiene, same day Planned teaching programme was given and after 7th day post test was conducted. Data was analyzed by descriptive and inferential statistics and presented through tables and figures. The existing knowledge on oral hygiene among school children was average as findings showed that existing knowledge Majority of the school children 77% had average knowledge and the remaining 23% had good knowledge and no one had the poor knowledge regarding oral hygiene among school children. Majority of the school children 67% had unhealthy practice and the remaining 33% had healthy practice and in practice 2 Majority of the school children 70% had poor practice and the remaining 40% had good practice regarding oral hygiene among school children. The mean post-test knowledge (Mean±SD) 24.24±4.714 was significantly higher than the mean pre-test 13.05±3.546 score, t = 23.099, p<0.05 level. The mean post-test practice 1 (regarding oral hygiene) (Mean±SD) 47.86±6.462 was significantly higher than the mean pre-test 37.60±5.805score, t = 23.122, p<0.05 level. The mean post-test practice 2 (brushing technique) (Mean±SD) 7.94±1.613was significantly higher than the mean pre-test 4.85±1.336score, t = 17.290p<0.05 level. The planned teaching programme proved to be effective in increasing the knowledge and practices regarding oral hygiene among school children of selected schools.


Cite this article:
Renuka, Krishna Thakur. Effectiveness of Planned Teaching Programme on Knowledge and Practices of oral Hygiene among School Children. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2017; 5(4): 399-402. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2017.00085.0


Recomonded Articles:

Author(s): Veena Rajput

DOI:         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Ms. Khushboo Brar1*, Mrs. Tarundeep Kaur2, Mrs. P. Vadivukarrasi Ramanadin3

DOI: 10.5958/2454-2660.2016.00031.4         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Anilkumar B. Jarali, Patrick O. Ogoncho

DOI: 10.5958/2454-2660.2016.00066.1         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): S. Tamil Selvi

DOI: 10.5958/2454-2660.2018.00014.5         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): P.Vadivukkarasi Ramanadin, Sijo ME, Indave Chhaya Laxmanbhai, Mahala Lalita Manjibhai, Mahala Laxmi Lasyabhai, Mahale Ragini Laxman, Mahla Mathuri Rameshbhai

DOI: 10.5958/2454-2660.2017.00060.6         Access: Open Access Read More

International Journal of Nursing Education and Research (IJNER) is an international, peer-reviewed journal devoted to nursing sciences..... Read more >>>

RNI: Not Available                     
DOI: 10.5958/2231–5713 

Popular Articles


Recent Articles




Tags