Reena Vincent, Justy Joy
Mrs. Reena Vincent1, Mrs. Justy Joy2
1Professor, Jubilee Mission College of Nursing, Thrissur, Kerala.
2Asst. Professor, Jubilee Mission College of Nursing, Thrissur, Kerala.
Volume - 8,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2020
Adoption was considered as a sacred act performed by the humans. Adoption is of great importance as it gives new families to unfortunate children who cannot be, unfortunately, brought up by their own biological parent. The need of adoption is quiet changing with year moves on. There are various forms and kinds of adoptions available in India depending upon its effect on the adoptive parents and the birth mother.In recent years the outlook of adoption is more focused on child based to ensure the security of the child.The government of India have been enacted various laws to overlook adoption process in India. Though adopting a child is a joyful occasion for the whole family it may have socio-cultural, familial, medical and many other challenges and issues.
Cite this article:
Reena Vincent, Justy Joy. Adoption – An overview. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(3):407-410. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2020.00090.3
1. Child adoption law in India — a step by step guideAvailable from: https://medium.com/@sinhaamit095/child-adoption-law-in-india-a-step-by-step-guide-
2. Role of court procedure and judiciary for adoption- central adoption resource authority- ministry of women and child development in India from:, https://www.cara.nic.in
3. Forms of adoption from:, https://world_same-sex-adoption-laws.org
4. Dr. Deepak Sharma (PhD).2017 Need to Understand Adoption-Its ways and Hurdles Available from:.https://www.ijsr.net/archive/ v8i2/ART20194723.pd
5. Aarohi Achwal,6 Different Types of Adoption Options in India – Pros and Cons. [online] Available at: https://parenting.firstcry.com /articles/types-of-adoptions-in-india/ [Accessed 26 Aug. 2019].
6. Introduction to child adoption in twenty first century Available from:https://blog.ipleaders.in/all-you-need-to-know-about-child-adoption-laws-in-india/
7. Overview of Adoption Laws in India 2017Available from:https://lawtimesjournal.in/overview-adoption-laws-india/
8. Ministry of women and child development. Adoption Regulations, 2017.Available from MMhttp://cara.nic.in/PDF/Regulation_ english.pdf
9. Karthik MV, Dhanasekhar, Child adoption in India- challenges and issues, International journal of pure and applied mathematics/ Vol.120: 2018, page no 4325-4333.
10. https://consideringadoption.com/adopting/parenting-an-adopted-child/four-challenges-adopted-children face- and how-you-can-help.
11. Challenges of adoption in India from:, https:// www.shodhaganga.inflibnet.ac.in
12. Dudley, William. Issues in Adoption. GreenhavenPr, 2004 from:, https:// issues-in-adoption/-