Nursing is a practical and skill oriented discipline. It needs lots of practice. Nurses are always being with patients to treat their ailments. Nurses training is must to learn the procedure on the patients. Sometime because of patient conditions and situation it is not possible to learn properly. Simulator is the one which allow the healthcare personnel to practice procedure on them and allow end number of mistakes. The nurses or student nurses learn the procedure by their own mistake. Simulation gives a lot of opportunity to learn, practice, and develop a skills and decision making capacity. It is necessary to adopt a simulation in nursing curriculum for better outcome of nurses and productivity in the health care sector.
Cite this article:
Ananda Kudari. Simulation: A Wonderful Methodology in Nursing Curriculum. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2023; 11(1):79-1. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2023.00017
Ananda Kudari. Simulation: A Wonderful Methodology in Nursing Curriculum. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2023; 11(1):79-1. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2023.00017 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-11-1-17
1. Maymoun N., Sohail M.S. Who Wants to Be a Nurse? Understanding Emirati Female Students' Knowledge and Attitudes about Nursing as a Career. Nurs. Educ. Persp. 2020; 41(3):E14-E19. doi:10.1097/01.NEP.0000000000000659
2. Healthy simulation. Nursing simulation/about & Resources. [Available from-https://www.healthysimulation.com/nursing-simulation/]
3. Eyikara E. & Baykara, G, Z. (2017). The importance of simulation in nursing education. World Journal on Educational Technology: Issues. 9(1), 02-07.
4. Marquette University. College of nursing. Hands-On Learning: The Importance of Nursing Simulation Labs. January 10, 2018 [https://mastersnursing.marquette.edu/blog/importance-nursing-simulation-labs/]
5. Narayana medical college. Multi-disciplinary Clinical Skills & Simulation Training Centre. Skill Lab/ Simulation Laboratory. [Available from- http://www.narayanamedicalcollege.com/skill-lab/]
6. Health leaders. Health leader media Staff. The many forms of simulation training. November. 3. 2009. [Available from-https://www.healthleadersmedia.com/nursing/many-forms-simulation-training]
7. Jeanne M. Carey; Kelly Rossler. The How When Why of High Fidelity Simulation: May 9, 2021. [Available from- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK559313/]
8. Lewis, K.L. Bohnert, C.A., Gammon, W.L. et al. The Association of Standardized Patient Educators (ASPE) Standards of Best Practice (SOBP). Adv Simul 2, 10 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1186/s41077-017-0043-4 [Available from-https://advancesinsimulation.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s41077-017-0043-4#citeas]
9. Durmaz A, Dicle A, Cakan E, Cakir Ş. Effect of screen-based computer simulation on knowledge and skill in nursing students' learning of preoperative and postoperative care management: a randomized controlled study. Comput Inform Nurs. 2012 Apr; 30(4):196-203.
10. Giorgio Guariso, Martin Hitz, Hannes Werthner. An integrated simulation and optimization modeling environment for decision support, Decision Support Systems. Volume 16, Issue 2, 1996, Pages 103-117.
11. Wasson centre for clinical skills. Northeast Ohio medical University. Human patient simulator. [Available from- https://www.neomed.edu/wasson/simulation/human-patient-simulators/]
12. Eyikara, Evrim; Baykara, Zehra Gocmen. The Importance of Simulation in Nursing Education. World Journal on Educational Technology: Current Issues, v9 n1 p2-7 2017
13. Brooks, N. Moriarty, A., and Welyczko N. (2010). Implementing simulated practice learning for nursing students. Nursing Standard, 24(20), 41. Retrieved from -http://go.galegroup.com.ezproxy.ecu.edu.au/ps/i.do?id=GALE%7CA219374229&v=2.1&u=cowan&it=r&p=AONE&sw=w&asid=46732320b5d0a6aec241ece3377893c9
14. Wolters Kluwer. Limited clinical sites for nursing students: Simulations are the answer. Health March 26, 2017 [Available from-https://www.wolterskluwer.com/en/expert-insights/limited-clinical-sites-for-nursing-students-simulations-are-the-answer]