Netra Mali, Sanjay M Peerapur, Sharon Rose
Netra Mali1, Sanjay M Peerapur2, Sharon Rose3
1Lecturer, Dept. of Medical Surgical Nursing, Guramma College of Nursing, Gadag.
2Principal and HOD Dept. of Medical Surgical Nursing, KLES’ Institute of Nursing Sciences, Hubballi.
3Lecturer, Dept. of Medical Surgical Nursing, KLES’ Institute of Nursing Sciences, Hubballi.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2023
Global warming is one of the important environmental problems since the Mid-20th century. The phenomena not only affecting human health but also plant, animals, as well as economy and unfortunately some adverse consequences like flood, heavy rain are becoming visible these days. According to best estimates the earth could warm up by a minimum of 3oC by 2100. There is a need to bring out awareness among the future teachers on what is global warming? How it affects our life, our economic prosperity and health and other welfare, hence the study aims in awareness status and attitude towards global warming. A descriptive study was conducted among 100final year B.Ed. students of KLE Society’s College of Education, Hubballi. Descriptive research design was used for the study. The sample was selected using Non-Probability; Purposive Sampling Technique. Data was collected by structured knowledge questionnaire and attitude scale. Data analysis was done using descriptive and inferential statistics. Overall result of the study revealed that out of 100 subjects, majority of the subjects 57 (57%) had average knowledge, 25(25%) had good knowledge and 18(18%) had poor knowledge regarding global warming. Regarding attitude, majority of subjects 63(63%) had neutral attitude, 21(21%) had positive attitude and 16(16%) had negative attitude towards global warming. There was positive correlation (rxy=0.577) between knowledge scores and attitude scores. The study concludes that, knowledge and attitude of Final year B.Ed. students regarding global warming was just satisfactory.
Cite this article:
Netra Mali, Sanjay M Peerapur, Sharon Rose. A Study to Assess the Knowledge and Attitude towards Global Warming among B.Ed. students in a selected College of Education, Hubballi with a view to develop an Information Guide Sheet. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2023; 11(2):129-3. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2023.00028
Netra Mali, Sanjay M Peerapur, Sharon Rose. A Study to Assess the Knowledge and Attitude towards Global Warming among B.Ed. students in a selected College of Education, Hubballi with a view to develop an Information Guide Sheet. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2023; 11(2):129-3. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2023.00028 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-11-2-6
1. Science daily. Earth’s atmosphere.[online][cited on 28th Nov 2019]: available from URL :https://www.sciencedaily.com /terms/earth's_atmosphere.htm
2. Byjus the learning app. greenhouse effect.[online][cited on 29th Nov 2019] available from URL:https://byjus.com/biology/greenhouse-effect-gases/? utm_ Source=Google&utm_ medium =cpc&utm_ campaign = K12-Traffic Dynamic search
3. Riebeek H. Global Warming.[online][cited on 29th Nov 2019] available from URL: https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/features/GlobalWarming
4. Freije MA, HussainT,Salman AE. Global warming awareness among the University of Bahrain science students. Journal of the Association of Arab Universities for Basic and Applied Sciences 2016 March 22;
5. Portal:Global warming/Intro.13th Nov 2019; [online][cited on 29th Nov 2019] available from URL: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal: Global_ warming /Intro
6. Umarani. J. Computer Assisted Teaching Creates Awareness on Global Warming. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2016; 6(2): 217-220.
7. Ranganath MR. climate crisis: inaction is doom, Deccan herald: 2019 Nov 18th :P.12
8. AnkitaChaudhari. A Study to Assess the Effectiveness of Planned Teaching Programme on Knowledge regarding Global Warming and its Impact on Health among Middle Adults People at Visnagar City. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 12(2):208-0.
9. L. Krishnasamy, K. Jayanthi. A Minuscule Study of Global Warming on Acetobacteraceti-Elevated Temperature and Its Impact over the Industries. Asian J. Research Chem. 5(4): April 2012; Page 477-482.
10. Shahzad U. Global Warming: Causes, Effects and Solutions. Durreesamin Journal 2017 May 05;1(4):1-7.
11. Kumar A, Jacob A, Paul N, Rakesh PS. A study on KAP regarding environment and global warming in senior secondary school students in Kochi, Kerala. Int J Community Med Public Health 2019; 6:168-72.
12. Solar Impulse Foundation. Solutions to Global Warming: How to Stop Climate Change. Available from URL: https://solarimpulse.com/global-warming-solutions
13. Rohit J. Bhor, HarshalaDamdhar, GeetaKokate, Maduri Salve, Swati Andhale. A Overview on Current and Future Trends of Health and Environmental Effects of Air Pollution, Climate Change and By Various Ga. Asian J. Research Chem. 2016; 9(8): 385-390.
14. IPCC Special Report. “Global Warming of 1.5o C”. Office for Climate Education 2018 Dec;10-12.
15. Sankranti Queen Mary. Impact of Global Warming on Health. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2017; 5(4): 370-376.
16. Amit K. Srivastva . Traditional Solutions to Encounter Global Warming. Asian J. Management 1(1): Jan. – Mar. 2010 page 22-25.
17. Janki Patel, AnkitaChaudhari, Mosami Amin. A Study to assess the effectiveness of Planned Teaching Programme on Knowledge regarding Global Warming and it’s Impact on Health among Middle adults People at Unjha City. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2018; 6(3):229-231.
18. Anil Kumar. Spectral Analysis of Global Warming and its Forecasting using Haar Wavelet Transforms. Research J. Science and Tech. 2020; 12(4):260-266.
19. Simanchal Dash. Green Technology: A Pathway towards Future Alternative Technology. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2022; 14(2):121-6.
20. Vikaspedia. All about Climate Change. EPathashala. Available from URL: http://vikaspedia.in/energy/environment/climate-change/climate-change
21. US Environmental Protection Agency. India is a major emitter / large emitter. Why should it be treated differently from other major emitters amongst the world? Available from URL: https://warmheartworldwide.org/climatechange/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwOGh_6i_4AIVSYWPCh0WuQhEEAMYASAAEgI7RvD_BwE
22. NDTV. By 2100, North India Could Face Deadly Heat waves, Warns Study. 2017 Aug 3 Available from URL: https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/by-2100-north-india-could-face-deadly-heatwaves-warns-mit-study-1733082
23. Green Clean Guide. Global warming and its impacts on climate of India. 2013 Nov 18. Available from URL: http://greencleanguide.com/global-warming-and-its-impacts-on-climate-of-india/
24. Course Hero – Singh AV. The Global Warming Awareness among Faculties and Students of different Disciplines - A Case Study. Available from URL: https://www.coursehero.com/file/23979772/Ayam-Singh-1doc/