Dolly Saraswat, Hari Mohan Singh
Dolly Saraswat1, Dr. Hari Mohan Singh2
1Nursing Tutor, Apollo Institute of Nursing, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India.
2Professor and Principal, Apollo Institute of Nursing, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India.
Volume - 9,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2021
Umbilical cord blood is increasingly being used as a source of stem cells in the treatment of over 85 diseases and has been used in more than 20,000 transplants worldwide, including leukemia, myelomas, lymphomas, genetic disorders/diseases, immune system deficiencies, and blood cell disorders. Present study was aimed to assess the knowledge regarding umbilical cord stem cell therapy among nurses working in Apollo hospital. 40 samples were selected using purposive sampling and structured questionnaire was used for data collection. The findings revealed that the mean posttest knowledge score 15.91 was greater than the mean pretest scores 12.37. The mean difference between pretest and posttest scores was 3.54, the ‘t’ value 6045 was significant at 0.05 level. Hence this kind of education programme should be conducted from time to time for health personnel.
Cite this article:
Dolly Saraswat, Hari Mohan Singh. Effectiveness of Structure teaching programme on knowledge regarding Umbilical cord stem cell therapy among staff nurses in Apollo hospital at Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2021; 9(2):164-166. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2021.00040.5
Dolly Saraswat, Hari Mohan Singh. Effectiveness of Structure teaching programme on knowledge regarding Umbilical cord stem cell therapy among staff nurses in Apollo hospital at Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2021; 9(2):164-166. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2021.00040.5 Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-9-2-8
2. Kenna DM et al. Umbilical cord blood: Current status and promise for future. Indian Journal of Medical Research.201;134(3):261-9.
3. http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/HumanPhysiology/Pregnancy and Birth.
4. Papassavas AC et al. Cord blood banking and transplantation: a promising reality, 2006; 9: 736-56.
5. Farida Habib. Evaluation of knowledge and Attitude of pregnant Saudi women towards Cord Blood Donation. Journal of health, Medicine and Nursing. 2017; 44: 53-63.
6. Alan Trouson , Courtney McDonald. Stem Cell Therapies in Clinical Trials: Progress and Challenges. Cell Stem. July, 2015; 11-12.
7. Manal Farouk Moustafa et al. Nurses Knowledge about Umbilical Cord Blood Banking and its barrier. IOSR Journal of Nursing and Health Science. 2015; 4(2): 44-53.