P. Padmavathi, Rajasankar, N. Kokilavani
Ms. P. Padmavathi, Dr. Rajasankar, Dr. N. Kokilavani
1Vice Principal, Dhanvantri College of Nursing, Ganapathypuram, NO 1 Ranganoor Road, Muniyappan Kovil, Pallakkapalyam, Namakkal District 637303
2Associate Professor, Melmaruvathur Adhiparasakthi Institute of Medical Sciences (MAPIMS) Melmaruvathur.
3Principal, Adhiparasakthi Collège of Nursing, Melmaruvathur.
Volume - 1,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2013
Acupressure is a form of touch therapy that utilizes the principles of acupuncture and Chinese medicine. In acupressure the pressure points on the body are identified that will give the desired results. They are then stimulated using finger pressure (without the needles) on specific points along the body.
BENEFITS OF ACUPRESSURE:
• Relieving pain
• Balancing the body
• Maintaining good health.
• Acupressure's healing touch reduces tension
• Increases blood and fluid circulation, and enables the body to relax deeply.
• By relieving stress, acupressure therapy strengthens resistance to disease and promotes wellness.
• Acupressure can help alleviate ailments such as tension, stress, aches and pains, arthritis or menstrual cramps.
• Acupressure can also be used for general preventative health care.
Cite this article:
P. Padmavathi, Rajasankar, N. Kokilavani. Acupressure Heals Premenstrual Syndrome. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research 1(1): Oct.- Dec., 2013; Page 26-28.
P. Padmavathi, Rajasankar, N. Kokilavani. Acupressure Heals Premenstrual Syndrome. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research 1(1): Oct.- Dec., 2013; Page 26-28. Available on: https://ijneronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2013-1-1-8